Sunday, May 11, 2003

sortof a depressing thing happened yesterday. i was headed to my grandmas to mow her grass going fast down this road near my house that goes through the country (its a 55). around a corner i see this big old turtle (big papa... heh heh) just sittin there between the edge of the road and the white line. as i screamed on past i thought to myself, you know, we used to save turtles all the time. since i have my license, i think i will. it will make me feel good anyway. so about a mile down the road, i find a good spot to turn around and speed in the other direction. only 2 vehicles passed me in this time, 2 big old s.u.v.s... figures. so by the time i get back down there i was greatly saddened to find big papa a foot off the road on his back with blood dripping from his mouth. so, of course, i pulled into a church parking lot to turn around and screamed expletives for a minute before heading off to my grandmas. do you ever wonder if that rabbit you just flattened was a little girl's that got loose? squirrels, rabbits, snakes, dogs, cats, opossums, turtles, deer, boar (once)... the list goes on. roadkill makes me want to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home