Saturday, June 14, 2003

i was walking the beach today, my sister and my dad behind me. naturally, my sister and my dad were searching for sharks tooths etc. while my mom and i talked about random things. since it was bright out, though, we were watching the ground too, just for fun. my sis comes up with all these teeth all excited and shit and runs off with my dad again. i remember i used to be the same way, it was such a big deal to dig up these little treasures, like you were the tooth fairy or something. im not really good at it anymore, a little too tall to be seeing these things. anyway, i glance down and see one in the sand. i pick it up and go over it, you know, its beautiful really. but you know, for the first time i really didnt have an urge to toss it in a can with the others and brag about it later. if i saw a little kid looking around for something i would have given it to them but i didnt so i showed it to my mom and walked out in the surf and threw it back into the sea... it felt good, really, like i had more valuble things on my mind.

anyway, among other things i was reading the july car and driver and noticed some cool stuff about one of the cars. the saleen s7, from famous mustang tuner steve saleen, apparently is an amazing vehicle. first of all its light as all get out, the bodywork is completely carbon fiber with aluminum strips sandwiched in carbon fiber for the stiff parts. unlike the new ferrari enzo, whos nose is easily bruised, the s7's low sleek horizontal spoiler is made to scrape the ground... being 1" thick and completely constructed of carbon fiber with replacable teflon strips on the bottom, it can support all of the car's 2865 lbs. the best part, steve claims that the car creates enough downforce to drive on the ceiling at 160+ mph... so thats what you get for $400,000, an american made supercar that can drive on the ceiling... what a concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home