Sunday, June 22, 2003

you remember people say that when one of your senses goes the others get stronger. well im a firm believer in that. i havent lost any of my senses but did have an experience to prove it to me. a few nights ago, while i was at the beach, i decided to listen to some music before i went to sleep. i only got through one song because what was going on was kindof wierd. see, while i had the music playing my hearing was essentially numb, numb to the room and world around me that is. so, naturally, my other senses became more perceptive of it. i had my eyes closed as well so for some reason i felt like i could feel everything. just lying there i could feel my heart beat in my chest, in my leg, i could feel the bed sway a little and the floor creak. i felt as though someone were sneaking in my room but when i looked no one was there. when i closed my eyes i could feel the whole building move, all 4 floors over my head. it was amazing to me, really.

on another note, the people i work with at the pool are crazy. we have a broom at the pool. the broom hangs sideways on a wall. its a short black broom named "the saint." the saint has about 20 notches in one side. each notch stands for a wasp or horsefly the saint has killed today. our own manager christened it 'the saint' and started the notches... this summer is going to be grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home