Friday, January 05, 2007

i want you

my uncle and cousin drove seven hours down I-95 today and are a couple miles down the road eating at a lovely little country barbeque joint with my mother, sister, father, grandmother, and other uncle. i declined to show because i feel like shit. i thought it was funny, though, how my mother seemed less angry at me for not wanting to come than she did when i told her i really didn't have an appetite. oh well. we drove around today and i played radiohead for her and she actually listened to it with me. it was nice.

i've kind of expanded my list of motorcycles to buy to include another newer one. ever since i got that magazine at borders a couple weeks back, the newer ones are sounding better and better... all of a sudden it doesn't sound like much fun to learn to ride on an old, archaeic one, almost dangerous. i'd love to have a black 1994 triumph speed triple or even a ducati monster from the past couple years, long as it looked good. these two appeal to me: exposed engine and frame, new and european in style, not japanese. the triumph is scary, the ducati sexy. yeah, someday.

i just sat down to watch 'a scanner darkly' and pretty much fell asleep. i don't think it was the movie's fault. my family's not going to be back for another two hours and change. i love having the house to myself.

miami was good. i'd post pics here if i wasn't so lazy. i'm sure if you wanted you could figure out how to find my webshots. everything went well until the last day, flying home. i've never flown alone before so the prospect of multiple delays, annoying seat-stealing foreigners, and broken airplanes (not to mention the prospect of staying the night in newark) was a little off-putting. but i survived so whatever. now i just have a sick nasty cold. damn. (you do not getta de toast).

meanwhile, a window has been open for weeks on my computer that i just found. a "friend" of mine on myspace whom i've never met (like most of them) just posted lots of pics of herself, photo-shoot style, semi-nude. i swear they're some of the most beautiful things i've ever seen. i just don't know where to meet girls like that, or who would have seen it coming from me. i don't really find it surprising that i'm so attracted to her, although the short pink hair, tattoos, and piercings probably wouldn't work for everyone. she looks so interesting, so much fun, so much more of a worthwhile place to expend thought and energy than anyone else i "know". heh, it's funny though... while i was flipping through the pics a song crept up into my head; the beatles' "i want you". remember it? it's a pretty cool song.

it makes me wonder... who would i be if i knew someone like that? if i was close to someone like that? if i was closer to someone like that? i've decided i'd probably like myself more.

oh yeah, and i need to learn boxing. i mean i'd love to know how to fight. mmm and to be in shape like that. don't fuck with me. i box.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home