Tuesday, April 05, 2005

scribbles

found in my homework notebook... i write these in between classes. heh, so if they suck... who cares?



seems to me you always go
riding in your undertow
never fighting where it leads
waving bye to mourning beach
swim on back to some new land
rest a while on different sand
but always called by some heartstring
back into your boiling sea

and never by me
i wont shy
your way but please
dont leave me dry



late night, lonely
with a homespun dish
receiving calls from the moon's dark side

the pretty face always speaks to me
but the sun's bright rays dont expose
what only the stars beyond know

late night, lovely
on the grass, lying still
illuminated blue through my radio silence
(broadcast blue through my silent radio)



its not a poem if you dont want to write it
just bullshit on a page
its all the rage
to plot and cry on a page



making my way out of town
driving too fast, much faster than usual
at such a late hour
i can smell the flowers
of the trees that i remember
freshly green, spring blooms
lining the main drag of that
in-between black neighborhood
where the children play in the streets
the young men amble across the street
staring at me and every other
white kid in a black car
(it only looks that way in the dark)
clean looking guys in white smocks chat
every afternoon at the barbershop
my ears ring for them

it is a place
beautiful in the haze
fresh in the morning dew
that im glad my car never breaks down in



the first poem is for a girl. the second poem is for a different one. the third one was when i was angry. the last is a mellow one. its not that hard to figure me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home