Wednesday, October 30, 2002

true story straight out of the back of the not quite God-awful book "Hardball."
"Senator Bradley came to the Senate with his reputation as Princeton All-American and NBA star preceding him. Invited to make a speech at a large banquet, the confident legislator sat at the head table waiting to make his address. When the waiter came around and put a pat of butter on his plate, Bradley stopped him. "Excuse me, can I have two pats of butter?" "Sorry," said the waiter, "one pat to a person." "I dont think you know who I am, " Bradley said, "I'm BILL BRADLEY, the Rhodes scholar, professional basketball player, world champion, United States Senator." The waiter said, ''Well maybe you dont know who I am." "Well, as a matter of fact, I dont," Bradley said, "Who are you?" "I'm the guy," the waiter said, "who's in charge of the butter."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home