Tuesday, May 10, 2005

silly little television love poem

theres always more to say but i havent been in the mood to say it all yet. school is killing me, always shit to do and performances and etc. people are killing me, and yet... i want a break but i dont want it to end. i sketched this poem around the edges of my ap student guide book. like all the others, the words popped into my head and once i made sure they rhymed in all the right places, went down on the page. same as all the rest, ah well, at least i had the best intentions in mind.

the most painful thing in the world is laughing when you just want to cry. thats not part of the poem. the rest is.

if ive been good
like you know i should,
would you be the wood
for me to rest my head on?

ill be so poor
that a walk on the shore
with the ocean's roar
is all i need

its clear the path ive lead
has gone to my head
but if the line i tread
would diverge into two

then in a well worn cliche
we'd grow old and grey
long's my footprints stay
close to yours

cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home