Monday, February 17, 2003

hmm today was fun, if youve seen the weather lately you will notice that most of central nc had another ice storm. this is not like a snowstorm... much different. insted of 2" of fluffy white wimpy sledless snow, we had literally 2" of nice hard slick ice, everywhere. even i (at a measly 135) can still sled it and it not break and plow thru like snow would. if you have a death wish, this stuff is the most fun you could ask for, if not, i would advise staying indoors for a while. so anyway i broke out the arsenal, a yellow saucer and a good old wood and metal steerable flexible flyer. ::one of my friends just didnt know who "freebird" was by... damn yankees:: anyway, its slick and fast and a helluva lot of fun assuming you dont get hurt. unless you want to get hurt, in which case it is a wonderful opportunity to get hurt as well as have fun, its a win-win for you my friend. its great for me though, my yard is layed out like this: theres the house in the middle, to the left of the house is a fairly steep hill, going past my house is a not as steep but longer hill ending in many trees and a creek. behind the house, the hill continues (it goes front to back) along to the back right corner. all along the top is trees and creek. this is where the sledding comes to an end. the entire top right quadrant is fenced in. the front yard gently slopes to the right. most sledding is done from the left bottom to the left-right top. ok so the first run of the day, im on my back on the saucer like i spend most of my time. my dad has a wonderful idea, he will grab my leg and throw me at speed down the hill. im thinking, ok, this could be fun. well he throws me and 30 feet later i promptly smack a tree. i narrowly miss puncturing my hand on the tree, its just a bruise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home