Monday, January 10, 2005

open wide

the search for the perfect phrase never ends

its been a while but so have i
in coming back to senses dear
for searching, screening, visions lie
with no direction, wheel or se'er
knocked to wayside friends and that
which meant so much so long ago
and with a simple 'hey' i sat
as passed you a simplistic blow
lazily ive spent the nights
on fire with gas and wood to burn
a sparkling polished new delight
for joyous sound to me alone
but sound for you in spirit here
though far too far to hear that which
i picked one out for you to hear
and sent it from my dugout ditch
life passes by me far too fast
but still i feel it takes too long
to reach goodbye, a season past
struck out to prove our notions wrong
ill leave you here and you me there
we'll speak often and later, less
and watch the parting days we shared
replaced by fresher blooming mess
but here ill sit through times old test
content and same as always been
will you, my dear, be here abreast?
or far from me and home within?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home